Kenmore Mercy Foundation Funds Staff Education
Each year, the Foundation funds $30,000 in conferences, classes and seminars which help Kenmore Mercy Hospital Associates enhance their skills and knowledge in their specific field of work.
Dietary Manager, Kathy McAlpine, along with Sue Battaglia & Steve Hulse, attend a two day seminar, "Premier Culinary Clinic."
Sue Wren, Donna Hall-Anderson, Andrea Schmitt and other patient care associates from KMH attend an Improving Wound Care conference.
Sue Zeisz & Debbie Micholas attended the NAON 32nd Annual Congress which focused on advancements in orthopedic care.
Steven Pagels, RT, attended a four day medical coding conference, "Interventional Radiology Coding and Certification Seminar."
Staff Education Grants - $30,000
• 25th Annual Nursing Research & Scholarly Activities Conference 
• Annual Infection Prevention Seminar 
• Antibiotic Stewardship Certificate Program
• Applies EKG Interpretation
• Association of Professional Chaplains Annual Conference
• Business Writing for Results
• Conquering Pain 
• Critical Care Education 
• Critical Care Nursing Conference
• Culinary Clinic 
• Demystifying & Interpreting Lab Data
• Education for Nurses Involved in Prevalence Studies 
• Endoscopy Conference 
• GI Emergencies
• ICU Education in Leadership 
• ICU – Education in Leadership 
• Interventional Radiology Conference
• Improving Wound Care 2012 
• International Stroke Conference
• Interventional Radiology Coding Seminar
• Journey to Magnet Excellence Workshop
• Keep Your Edge: Hockey Sports Medicine
• Maximize the Reach & Effectiveness of Your Direct Mail Program
• MOSBY’s Advanced E-Learning for Nursing• Nursing Documentation 
• National Association of Orthopedic Nurses Conference 
• Nurses Helping Others – Linkages-Together-Stronger-Bolder
• Nursing Conference on Critical Care 
• Nursing Management Congress 2012 
• NY Health Information Management Association Annual Conference
• New York State Association of Medical Staff Services Conference
• New York State Association of Volunteers Administrators Conference
• NYS Society of Respiratory Care Symposium
• Professional Advancement Program 
• Reference Materials for ICU Nursing Certif.
• Respiratory Conference 
• WNY Physician Assistant Annual Spring Committee Conference 
• Workplace 2012 Conference
This additional funding would not be possible without the generous support of our donors.